Visit Dijon and Burgundy
VISIT DIJON - DISCOVER THE SUPERB CITY OF THE DUKES OF BURGUNDY
A map will be given to you on arrival. We invite you to follow the owl's route which passes in front of the hotel and which will allow you to discover the large pedestrian centre of Dijon on foot.
The booklet is available free of charge at the Tourist Office (located 200 metres from the hotel). For 3 euros, you can also download on your phone (via the App Store or Google Play), the dedicated application to let you guide.
Below you will find our recommendations all within walking distance of the hotel :
- Place de la Libération and the Dukes' Palace, which now houses the Town Hall, the Court of Honour and the Fine Arts Museum
- The Square des Ducs and the Tour Philippe Le Bon attached to the Palais des Ducs which offers an exceptional panorama of the city and the roofs of Dijon (visit by reservation at the tourist office)
- The Millière House, a traditional house dating from 1480
- Notre Dame church, a 13th century gothic church, decorated with dozens of gargoyles and housing the city's famous lucky owl
- François Rude Square, the Hôtel de Vogüé and Les Halles
- The Musée des Beaux-Arts, a magnificent museum that has been completely renovated and is free of charge.
- The Palais de Justice district with its private mansions, the Saint Philibert Church and the Saint-Bénigne Cathedral
Guidebooks (Routard, Petit futé, Guide vert, Lonely planet) are available at the reception to help you prepare your visit. They can be consulted at the hotel.
Dijon is also a good starting point to discover the Côte d'Or and Burgundy. We recommend in particular :
- The Route des Grands Crus between Dijon and Santenay
- The Hospices in Beaune, which for over 500 years was a hospital serving everyone (45 minutes from Dijon).
- The MuseoParc Alésia in Alise-Sainte-Reine (1 hour from Dijon)
- The Abbey of Fontenay (1h15 from Dijon and 15 minutes from the MuseoParc Alésia), a beautiful 12th century monastery